Search This site (EX: Retropie, Nintendo switch, Windows, Mac, Linux)

Sunday, July 16, 2017

CSGO: Engine mapping changed findings & old zps mapping 2007-09

While developing aim_inmarket I discovered quite a lot of changes to the source engine, a lot more entities were removed and others didn't function right. While many added fields of "script think" and other things I really never seen before. Entities like point_camera & monitor, there really isn't much information on many of the entities I have seen removed, and quite a lot more entities such as terrainmorph no longer actually work. Which is actually annoying, and doing research on terrainmorph itself has been removed for quite a long time from the source engine.

Keep in mind there are even more entities that don't work simply because missing models IE beverage was a hl1 enttie that still is in the source engine and according to valves hammer wiki site is only not working because of a missing model, I really haven't tested this out either, but you would need skins to match the names in the entitie itself as well.  It was left over from those vending machines in hl1.  They more than likely left it in there for hl:source.

Quite a lot of the source code from hl2 back when you could create full blown mods without IDE compatibility issues like there is today had a lot of hl1 code fragmented into it, and I really wouldn't doubt if quite a lot of it is still there but I have a feeling even more of this also has been removed from csgo.

Also things like func_vehicle missing has left a lot of the cs community still sticking to cs 1.6 & cz.

A LOT of entities don't work how they should, or did back in 07-09. A lot of changes happend to csgo's SDK, and honestly I don't know how to explain all of the changes, some version control functionality I haven't seen and don't know exactly how to use. But then again a lot hasn't changed either. The removal of entities makes it more difficult to change up gameplay, and same thing with many of the console commands added, removed, & renamed. Change can be good but it also has negative consequences.

What most people don't get about my maps, me trying to make a normal map is me making a normal map and filling it to the brim with easter eggs that make it unquie. Entities are litterally everywhere and I do heavily modify the gameplay via basically never used entities & server mp configuration commands, or commands that require cheats. The thing about running it through the maps entitie commands is it doesn't require cheats so it doesn't disable acheivements. So these acheivement box maps really could almost have you automatically gain nearly all the acheivements if they wanted to but most mappers don't know how to use them.  I don't because that means more entities on the chop block & the console command entitie server side being #1 for it. In reality this is the fire I play with to make my maps, I don't want to ruin it, I don't want other people to ruin it, and yes it can untested mess up servers configs even crash them.

While I was making this map I also made the effort of porting over some of my old zps maps to csgo to see how well it would translate, unforchently for me this ment decompiling the old maps as I no longer can even find my old VMFs for them and after days of searching 2 hard drives, 6 flash drives, and 8 cloud services the only ones I managed to find were a bunch of old unfinished, never made it past the concept stages maps, as in nodraw brushes with incomplete level design. Many of which I would have taken the higher detail brushes and planned on converting them into models or mocking them up into them via milkshape a program as dated as hl1 valve editor hammer.

But on doing all this research into what has changed, what I expected to still be in there wasn't what I thought would have been removed was. A few of my zps maps will not transfer over at all, most won't play style wise. player_speedmod something I thought would have long since been removed wasn't, physics push scale command for when the player hits a object  how far it will go as a console command also wasn't removed. trigger_Weapon_stripper was removed or made nonfunctional. Even some of the old hl2 unused triggers & envmental effects such as some of the ember & ash particle effects still work, the percipitation effect for ash even back in 08 the sprite for them was removed but it would still show a missing texture, in csgo it just shows a black version of the missing texture.

Keep in mind csgo is much smaller than its older brother css, and actually has a lot less going for it other than it's serious play. My attempts here were to make a map, refresh my self on source map making, and release several other maps. The only problems I see are the fact that csgo lacks fun maps as in wacky wtf maps that alter gameplay entirely outside of co-op which are almost never played & surf & bhop maps. Which bhopping in csgo is very different from cs;s, it seems like scripts are needed  and there is some other exploit people are using I will more than likely have to look up in a tutorial.

player_speedmod is a very useful entity for me at the very least & so is being able to alter server configuration for old commands more than likely hardily anyone ever knows any more, luckly unlike in my old zps maps I found a way to set them back to their defaults unlike what server admins constantly kept complaining to me that they had to restart their servers because the maps were not made for their servers when they took it from the community versions I put out there. 1 of which turned zps into deathmatch and was rather difficult to actually do.

If any luck a community or two will pick up my maps and roll with it like my zps maps did, Which pushed the zps mapping community to a very small degree out stagnation and a few people cloned it, but half of my maps were recreational efforts with permission from original mappers. Sadily my custom working arcade machines will never see the light of day in csgo.

So no zombie pong for u csgo players while everyone on both teams fight over the controls. While admins noclip into the giant arcade machine box(similar to how a skybox worked), and teleported players into it to play life size pong where many people died.

But forchently prop dodgeball is possible, I just can't find my old zps_dodgeball map in a state I can decompile because decompilers for source are still garbage especially for custom materials.(all them zoomer.raw color corrections that everyone hated gone).

Which everyone hated as much as they hated that zp1 recreation of jailbird I made and spawned off other people creating "better" versions of it, what most people don't get out of that is I was making zp1 maps for zps for a old zp1 community and they wanted me to bring back a bunch of old maps, by a bunch I mean they basically wanted to port all of their old zp1 maps to zps for them, and attempt to bring the zp1 gameplay style back into it, unforchently that community didn't trasnfer over that well because zps sucked ass in comparison to the magics of zp1, where speed running & bhopping away with nothing but a crowbar in your inventory was the name of the game.

With jailbird I had a option of that or this map called boxy which was a lowgrav map that more people hated than jailbird, and contacting the old mapper for it was very difficult to do at the time. When that community died another easily picked me up seeing I had created 5 maps already, in which I made about a dozen maps which most are all lost, and it really didn't help that a hack happened to the servers ftp were someone had stolen litterally all the maps(some in alpha stages, and plenty had crash issues).


The hacker was part of the community for some time but did it out of spite, and released them all claiming they were his maps when he had no part in making or even testing a single one of them. Which resulted in people downloading the hackers versions of the maps(more than likely some virus, spyware, or malware attached as well). Some were of already existing maps just with crash bugs in them I was working on literally as he stole them. He was banned from the zps forums several times over after that because even the zps devs knew some what about my maps and they didn't like him doing that. Which I was surprised they cared enough to even do that, they were the nicest people to me from all this.

From there the flood gates of communities came out complaining that the maps messed up their entire servers configs, that it crashed their servers continuously, and that some set the crash maps to their default map meaning everytime their server started up it crashed, I got hate mail, I got nearly half my maps(working bug free versions) removed based off ratings off what was fpsbanana at the time. And quite frankly I was completely unmotivated to make maps for anyone after that. I had servers like convict gaming accusing me of being friends with the very same hacker them not realizing he was stalking me from game to game for many years and the only way to stop him from following me was to add his accounts and then block him and repeat this for every dummy account he used.

Also keep in mind the community I was in & picked up my maps 3 major things happened after this hack, they dropped many of my older zp1 recreation maps, and they may as well have dropped nearly all of my maps I made for their community server a lot of it was thrown into a test server which was quickly gone because never used. Along with that they merged with another community at the time and the other community didn't care for our staff & long time members, which resulted in nearly everyone leaving it. Right before the merger happened our community tried picking up servers for other games as well, and honestly this was a break for me as majority of the zps community at the time minus the zps team themselves & the regulars I use to play with basically hated me, convict gaming had me banned even before this hacker went on his rampage for being a part of a community that wasn't theirs so yeah.

Convict gamings mentality at the time was if you are friends with someone they banned, they banned you too, and if you refused to remove them they would ban you and all of your friends too, which resulted in their sourcebans page to crash everytime you tried to load it to see why you were banned, which resulted in a bunch of the zps mapping community removing me from their friends, in which I would help out a lot of them when they needed it.

They also monopolized smaller mods that would die off in less than a year or so and gain off the popularity of ones that didn't expanding their community like it was a empire.  So a lot of my friends if they wanted to play a almost dead mod(like zombie master was back in the day) they would have to get unbanned and that ment my friends list of nearly 300(back before caps), went down massively to well bellow even 70. Since then convict gaming has forgiven my sarcastic remarks I made to them when I was trying to get unbanned from them the first time I tried to get unbanned, and them not buying my I blocked him so he couldn't stalk me into nearly every game I joined online to harass me & the server I was on.

Their excuse was I must have been colluding with him to hack servers or some crap, and I told them fine I will just tell him sarcastically them not realizing I had blocked him so I couldn't send him messages anyways.

The funny thing is they still hosted my maps on their servers for years even though I was banned from their servers. If I really was friends with that hacker I could have banned half their community from their own servers every possible way if I wanted to. I could have ran a command that specifically messed with their server configuration that caused it to crash infinitly and the only thing they would have to go by is possibly a change log, or I could have told everyone were the hidden crash button for a few of the maps I put out there were which were 5 1x1 buttons combination locks. I put them in a few of the maps right after the hacker leaked some of the maps and told no one just in case some server hosted the alpha maps I was working on.

IE e1m1 has them in it(was going to be part of my doom recreation mappack for zps with them being zpo(zombie panic objective maps), where it goes from 1 doom map to the next on completion of the objective. There was nothing in zps out even remotely like that ever, and plans were to go through all the e1m1-e1m9, and if that did well I would have gone on to doom 2. as e1 was the most remembered episode. So it would require all the maps to be installed on the server to work. & I almost didn't put them in, I also attempted to put in some DRM which resulted in trunkxworld to be un-decompilable which also broke the current at the time vmf version of trunkx world which resulted in no more updates to the map which were heavily needed for areaportal updates.

Anyways all I can say is hopefully nothing like that happens with csgo, I don't think I will make alpha versions available for any sort of online testing nor beta versions with csgo. I think the only thing I will do is make the levels, test them out myself, and release them as is with possibility of updates to fix bug issues.

Sorry for this long winded post but I felt I needed to address the past to address the future and my worries about creating csgo maps after my long winded explaination.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be kind to others, and my self.

Rss Feed

Undeadbobop's blogs

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Labels

#e3 #nintendo $oft 1 2 3 submit pro 10 10 ways 2 200 2014 2015 25th Anniversary 2600 2d 3:4 ratio 3.14 343 360 3d 3d modeling 3ds 3DTin 5 5 nights 64 7 7th guest 8 90 abandon abandonware abuse accessories accounts Ace acer acer 11 achievements acting ad ad free adapter adblock add on admin adreno Adriano ads adsense adv adv menu advance advance menu system adventure advertisement advertisers affordable AI airplane algorithms alone alpha AlphaOmegaSin alternative always amazing amazon amazon app store amd America android Android disable ads in games angry animal animate animated Animation animations API app app developer in detroit Michigan app development appegg Apple application apps appspotr arcade arch ARM array art art work ashleey assault assets asus AT&T atari atgames ATOM ATT attack audience audio auto AVGN away back back links background Backlinks bad badges bag bags balls Balmer bandicoot banks bar base basic basics basketball Batdan battery battle. DLC. link bayonetta beating bed Beginner Bernie best Bethesda's New Review Copy Policy bfxr bgoat big Bill bing bios bioshock birds birthday bit bites black blackberry Blackjack Blackmail blade blast blender block blockstorm blog blogger bloodmoon blue Bluetooth blur bo bo's Boarding bobop book boom bored borkin button boxes boy breaks brick bricks bride broke broken Bros brotherhood browser bsd buck bucks bug buggy bugs build Bully bundle bungie bus bus driver 2d experience rush bust buy C# C# XNA Gamestudio c++ C++. directx c++. html c64 cable Call of Duty can can't canceled candy capcom capture car card cards care caret-t Cast caster cat cb3-111 CD chair challenges change character cheap cheaters cheating checking chimp chimpmail choice Chrome chrome book chrome cast chrome os chrome web browser chromebook chromebooke chromecast app chromeos Cities clara clara.io Classic classical clearance client clone cloud applications cloud computing club cocoonjs code code envy coding coin college color colour comedy command comments commercial community Comparison compatibility competitive market complaints complete roms list computer computer AI Computers connect connect 4 connecting cons console Consoles constroller construct construct 2 construct 2 gaming engine construct 2 gaming engine plugin construct 2 holiday plugin construct 2 plugin construct 2 time and date plugin construct 3 construct2 content contest controller Controller Pro Controller Pro U controls convict convict gaming Cool Copy corruption Corruption in gaming news journalism Corsair cost costume couch counter counter strike counter strike condition zero counter strike global offensive counter terrorists counterstrike court cpu crafting crap crash crazy crd create creating creation creativity Creators credit crossing crush crusher csgo css ctf cubes cue curse cursor custom customization templates Cyanara cylinders daniel date object DDOS dead deathmatch delay dell Deluxe demo depression descriptions desert design desktop desura Detroit develoming develop Developers developing development development kit dial dialup died difficult dig Digital Direct directx disabilities discontinued Discs dishonest disney DLC DMCA DMZ DNS do Documentations doesn't work Dogs dollar done Doom dos down downfall download drag Dragon drawing Dream Dreamcast Dreamout dreams Drive driver DRM drug store ds duckduckgo dug dumb dumbphone dust button DVD e3 EA East Detroit easter egg Eastpointe eastside easy ebaulms Eco edge Edge gamepad Edition education effects electric electronic email email list eminem Emio emu emulation emulation station emulator emulators Encore end engine engines enlightenment entertainment environment Eshop ethical practices ethics EULA event ever evil example exclusive expand experience expired site exploit eyes F.E.A.R. face Facebook Facebook account hijack faceplate fail fall fallout fallout 4 family famous fan art Fanboy fast FCC fear features feed Feeds fees Feminism feminist file fill fire firefox firefox marketplace firefox os firewall firm firmware first Fishing five fix flash flaw flickr Flowcharts font fonts Footage football for forget forgotten domain fortress fox fps frame frame rate framework fraud freddy's free free money free software free to play freeware fried friend friendship full fullscreen fun functions fx galaxy gambling game game asset pack game development game development companies Game development companies in detroit game development companies in michigan game development tools game engines game list game maker Game review gameboy gamegear gameinformer gamejolt gamemaker gamepad gameplay GamePop Gamer gamers games Gamestick gamestop gaming gaming assets gaming easter eggs garrys mod gas Gates GBA gears gender Genesis Genesis Ultimate Portable Game Player get gif gimp give give away glitches glove gnu GNU/Linux go God Gold Golden good goofed google google chrome google play google+ googleplay gore gorescript GPL gpu Grammar grand grandtheft auto graphics gray greed greedy green grey grid groom gta guestbook guide gunners h2100 hackers hacking half halflife halflife 2 halflife 3 halflive halo Halo 2 Halo 2 Anniversary handheld hard hardware harmony hawk HD HDMI head headphones headset hedgehog hell help hexen highschool highscore hijack hl1 hl2 holidays home homebrew homicide honest hook hosting hotel hotmail How to HP HTC Vive HTML HTML5 humble humor hyperkin hypermart ID ID Tech IDE IE IGN illegal image images Impact Impressions improves index color indie indiedb industries industry information informer inn input input device insomnia Install instinct institute instructors intentional internet internet explorer internet radio interview introduction ion iOS IOS 9 ip ip address Iphone Irate Irategamer irish iron is island isometric ISP issue issues IT itch.io item items jack Jaden smith jam james Japanese java javascript jelly jif jiggly puff Jim jiminquestion job joint joke jokes jolicloud journalism joytokey js k70 Kainy Kart key keyboard keystation kick kickstarter killed killstreak Kim Jong-un kingdom hearts kitten kitty Knuckles kongregate Kotaqu kryo lag lan land Las Vegas lash Last Launch law learning legacy collection legal length Lenovo lerp level LG LGBT liar liars lib GDX Library libretro lies life light lilly link Linksys linux lithium live load local lock locked logic logmein lonely loop lost temple text adventure low Lucid ludei Lycoming mall lynx mac machine macomb community college macombacon Mad Mad over mail mail chimp make make money fast makefile maker making manager manifest map mapping maps Mario Mario Galaxy Mario Kart Mario kart 8 deluxe Marker Marker sprite font market market share marketing marriage married mass email subscription service master mechanical media Megadrive megaman melody menu menu system menus meow Metro Michigan micro Micro-transactions microsd Microshaft Microsoft Microsoft store in michigan Microsoft wordpress microusb midi mii miitomo mike mike v milkshape 3d mind minecraft mini mini game minimum wage minish cap misleading misleads mobile moddb modding mode modeling models mods mogotxt moltres monetize money monitziation Monodevelopment monogame montization monzilla Moon Moore Mortal Kombat Mote mouse movie Movies multiplayer Mupen64 murder musial music mussels Mysterious mystic n64 Navel nba need nerd nes Nes classic net netlink netplay network networking new newgrounds news nexon Next nfl Nights Nintendo Nintendo 64 Nintendo Switch nitch no noncommercial North Korea not notepad++ November now NSA nurse nvidia NX nyan o'reilly OC Ocarina odd odk of off office offline oh Ohio Old Omega On off switch one Onedrive online opengl operation optimization options os OS X OSX out out of order out of service out there ouya overscan p2p p2w pack pad paid paint pandora panic papagayo paper weight Paradise parody party patch Paths pause pay pc peer peerblock Performance Personal Peter pewdie pewdiepie phishing phone phones photo Photoshop php pi piano picture pie pin pink pixel art plagiarism plants plants vs zombies plastic plate platformer platinum play player players playing Playstation playzool please plugins plus poke balls pokemon Pokemon go poker pokestops Pokken tournament Pikachi controller pool pool table popular populate port portable posts power practice practive pre-order premade presentation preview price Privacy Badger private pro problems program programming Projared project promises promote Promotion provider ps1 PS2 ps3 ps4 public purple Pygames Pyshell Python Python Fiddle qlife quake qualcomm quest quick rack radio raffle Rage ram random rant rare raspberry pi raspbian rate razer Razer Forge TC recommend Record recording red red cherry redit Released Remix remote remove renaissance repair representation require resources rest retirement retroarch Retrobit retrode Retroduo Retrogen retron 5 Retropi retropie retry review ReviewTechUSA rewards rigging rip ripoff ripper river road roads Rock Rock Paper Shotgun Rockstar rolfe RollApp rom roms Roseville routing RPG RSS rush saga sale same Samsung Saturn save saving Scam Scholarship scirra score screen screen sharing screencastify screenshot Screenshots screw script scroogle scum sdl seamless search Secret security seed Sega sega dreamcast sega genesis Sega Genesis Ultimate Portable Game Player sega master system Sega Saturn SEO sequel server servers service settings setup seven card Shaft shapes share this shareware sharing shield Ship shit shockwave shooter shop shot signs simple Sin site skate Skateboard skeleton SkyDrive slavery sleep slip slumber small smart smartboy Smash SMM snapdragon snapshot snes soda software solitions song sonic Sony sound sounds source sparks sparky spartan specialized spell check spelling spheres spoiler free spotify sprite Sprite font sprite sheet spritefonts spriter spyro spyware SQL stakes Star Starling starter steam steam box Steam controller steam gamepad steam os steamos sterling Steven Stolar stop store storm strategy game strategy guide stream streaming strike stud studio studios styles subscribe success Sucks summer Sun super Super Mario Super Mario Maker super mario maker bugs super mutants Super Smash Bros support SWF Switch SWJ sync system systems table tac tags Tails miles tamagotchi target target marketing tax taxes teachers teaching team team fortress 2 crafting teams Tech tegra template templates temple run temple run 2 terrible terrorists testing text Text adventure textbase texture packer tf2 The Interview the king's league odyssey The Letter the world theft Things this thoughts thunder tic tic tac toe tile tilemap time time date tin titles to toe tony Tony Hawk tool tools top top 10 top 5 topic matter torque Total Media touch touchpad Town toys trading travel traveling tree TreeFall Studios Treehouse trees trirectimo tube Tuner tutorial TV Twitch Ubisoft Ubuntu UML undeadbobop understanding news feeds unearthing unethical bots union unity unreal unusual up update USA usb usb 3.0 usb y use useless users Valor valve valve editor hammer VBA vc Vegas Vengeance version video Video game art video games videogame vidme view views villager vimeo vine vintage Virtual virtual console virtual reality virus Visio VLC voice volume voxel VR review vs wall wallet wan ware Watch Watchdogs wave wayback web web assembly web design web server web server ultimate webgl webhosting webmaster website websitesubmit webstorage webstore wedding what is my ip white Wii wiiu will Smith windows windows 8 Wino wireless Woofle word wordpress work workaround workshop world worst WoW WoW! XBL XBLA xbone xbox xbox 360 xbox gamepad xbox one xboxdone xboxone xeno xenoblade xhml xl xml xna you yourself youtube zapdose zelda Zelda breath of wild Zilla zip zombie zombie panic zombie panic source zombies

promotions